Achieve Your Success

Boost Business Sales and Become the Person You Want to Be! For More information go to http://www.terrybrock.com

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

What Happens Now?

Well, Howard Dean didn't do as well as expected. Since I am not a Howard Dean fan (I'm not Democrat or Republican) it really doesn't matter to me. You'll see the story I wrote before the Iowa Caucus below.

I think the lesson for business leaders is to never sit back and take things for granted. Also, I think Dean's outbursts didn't help him any. People shy away from those they deem too radical or tempermental. It might be a novelty for a while, but after seeing continued outrages, people want something more in the "middle" of the spectrum.

The applications for marketing on this are emormous. We have to think about how to present our messages in a more persuasive manner. I remember when I had a chance to talk with Tony Robbins a few years ago he talked about that extensively.

Tony was speaking to a group of speakers (the National Speakers Association - quite a group to speak to!) and he wanted to let them know the importance of doing more than giving a speech. Persuasion is the key.

This is the key for success in your business. You have to find ways to be more persuasive. Find commonalities. Find ways that they can have their problems solved by hearing your message.

So, the Iowa Caucus has taught all of us (particularly those involved) that things are not always the way we think they will be. Continual work is necessary.

Also, remaining calm and professional is critical!